The episode starts with Krillin, Gohan and Bulma aboard a ship of children, who mistake the trio for some of Freeza's men. Krillin claims that they don't know who Freeza is, but the children ignore them and fire their blaster guns, which have no effect. This causes the children to take their cyanide tablets. "Ah, good times." Horrified, Krillin tells Gohan not to open his eyes and to get back to the ship.
We then cut to Krillin's log, in which it is becoming clear that Bulma's tendency to walk around in her underwear is causing him considerable tension. Bulma claims to spot Planet Namek, but as they go in to land, it is clear to viewers that it is somewhat fake. Bulma's landing leaves much to be desired, and the ship soon topples off a cliff.
At this point, two "Namekians" called Raiti and Zaacro appear on the scene. When the three come round, they are led to believe they are on Namek. Gohan is somewhat suspicious of Zaacro and Raiti, suspecting they are a "little off".
Elsewhere, we catch up with Vegeta, who is being healed by Dr. Birdenheim. Frieza's soldiers wonder what has happened to Nappa, at which the doctor reveals the rumors of Ghost Nappa. The soldiers seem to be taken in, but the doctor dismisses the rumour and orders that Vegeta be injected with "delicious, magical science".
Vegeta is clearly still being haunted by his former partner, and starts screaming whilst inside the tank, causing his heart-rocket to sky-rate. He is quickly released from the healing tank, and is informed that his tail will never go back, causing him to remain as a "tail-less freak". Vegeta, who claims that he can live without his tail, reminds the doctor that he could kill him and Freeza wouldn't care, but the doctor fails to heed the warning. This causes him to lose his favorite organ (in this case, his liver).
At this point, Cui arrives on the scene, and he and Vegeta verbally spar. Cui quickly guesses that Vegeta is off to Namek, pointing out that Freeza and his men heard all about the dragonballs via one of the scouters. Vegeta protests, claiming his transmitter was off the whole time, but realizes that, of course, Nappa had failed to turn his transmitter off. He departs in a fit of rage towards Namek.
Back on Fake Namek, the trio collect almost all the "dragonballs" (via an awesome montage). However, Raiti accidentally lets slip his real identity, and it soon transpires that he and Zaacro are aliens who crash-landed on Fake Namek and intend to steal Kami's ship. They summon tentacle monsters, which promptly attack Krillin, who suddenly wakes as if from a dream.
Find out... right now. Yes, yes, and at least another nine episodes.
In the Stinger, Nail informs Guru that someone has attacked the planet. Guru puts on his war face, and declares that Nail's war face needs work.
- MasakoX - Gohan, Dr. Birdenheim
- Lanipator - Vegeta, Krillin, Raiti, Mr. Popo, Toilet
- Takahata101 - Zaacro, Guru, Ghost Nappa
- Hbi2k - Nail
- Megami33 - Bulma
- Antfish - Blue Haired Frieza Soldier / "Rudy"
- Vegeta3986 - Cui
- KaiserNeko - Himself
- Zeix as Space Orphan Leader / "Cutter"
- Cha-La-Head-Cha-La by Kageyama Hironobu
- Cinematic Orchestra - All Things
- Original DragonBall US Opening - Shuki Levy
- D. Todd Sorenson - Orchestral Horror
- Ronald Hanmer - Dramatic Cue (D&E)
- Trevor Rabin - Armageddon Main Theme
Running Gags Edit
- Namekians not having penises are brought up again.
- GODDAMMIT NAPPA!
- Yu-Gi-Oh The Abridged Series is referenced near the end by the fake namekians in saying "Just wanting to play a children's card game"
- The title is a pun of "A rose by any other name", a famous line from William Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet.
- During the montage, the Dragon Ball theme song from the Saban dub is played.
- Unlike in the original, Krillin, Gohan, and Bulma never visit fake Namek. It was all a dream.
- The fake Namekian's voices, personalities, and obvious stupidity reference the Plutonians from Aqua Teen Hunger Force.
- This is currently the only time someone from Team Four Star (KaiserNeko) is seen during the series.