The episode begins with Yamcha at Bulma's collecting all of his things (some of them got thrown out). Oolong asks Bulma about her new single life, and she mentions having a dream with Vegeta, which upsets Yamcha. Bulma then argues that she does care about him, and she doesn't know where he is. At that time, Vegeta crash lands in the backyard.
Vegeta walks off his ship, and Yamcha immediately makes a stand. However, Vegeta doesn't remember him until he realizes that he was the guy who got killed by a Saibamen a year ago, much to his amusement. Bulma stops the argument and forces Vegeta to take a shower. Vegeta has a bit of trouble accustoming to Earth life as he accidentally eats a bar of soap (after Bulma tells him it's made out of animal fat) and begrudgingly (with all his hatred) wears a pink shirt.
Meanwhile, in space, a familiar ship arrives in Earth orbit. One of the passengers is taken aback on how beautiful Earth looks, while the other one (who is short-circuiting at every other sentence) notes it will look better as a parking lot. Vegeta feels a massive power burst and realizes Goku failed: Freeza is still alive.
Every other Z-Fighter feels it too, including Tien, Chiaotzu, Piccolo (along with Nail), and Krillin who calls Gohan immediately. They all race to the desert and meet up, with Bulma tagging along as well. Yamcha wants to talk to Vegeta about her, but he seems uninterested due to the situation. Piccolo senses their arrival, but the group is confused about Freeza's weird parking. The Z-Fighters then sense a second power level, whom Vegeta identifies as King Cold, Freeza's father. And since they don't have Goku around with his Super Saiyan powers, they're pretty much screwed, causing Yamcha to have a freakout (which Krillin notes he would freak out only if Yamcha wasn't here). Vegeta, however, believes they can take them since he's a Saiyan himself. Gohan suggests they hide their power levels and sneak up at the two, to which Vegeta call's him a bitch.
Freeza isn't impressed about the wastelands they landed in, but it doesn't matter anyway since he will make sure Goku doesn't see his family or friends alive. He sends his soldiers out to find and kill them (in a scavenger hunt style), but when they begin, a lone swordsman cuts some of the soldiers down and asks how many points that was.
- Megami33 - Bulma, Chiaotzu
- Faulerro - Yamcha
- KaiserNeko - Oolong, Trunks
- Lanipator - Vegeta, Krillin, Piccolo
- Hbi2k - King Cold, Nail
- LittleKuriboh - Freeza
- MasakoX - Gohan
- Hnilmik - ChiChi
- Ganxingba - Tenshinhan
- The title is a parody of the L. Ron Hubbard Sci-Fi Novel, Battlefield Earth.
- This is the first episode of 2013.
- This is the first official appearance of Trunks after his cameo in "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad Saiyan".
- The jockstrap incident is mentioned again. This is the last time the series will ever mention this incident.
- Beginning with this episode, all disclaimers will have background music.
- Apparently, no one gathered the bodies of the Z-Fighters after their deaths during the Saiyan Saga, or at least Yamcha's body.
- This episode begins the Android Saga and uses a new intro depicting the story arc.