Cooler 2: The Return of Cooler's Revenge: The Reckoning is the fifth movie of Team Four Star's Dragon Ball Z Abridged. It was released on June 7, 2014.
The movie begins with the Z-fighters discussing their plans when they get to New Namek. Goku wants to eat some Namekian cooking. However, Gohan doesn't see that happening, to which Goku replies "Not with that attitude." Krillin is looking foward to a relaxing vacation because it will be the first time he's been on Namek where's he hasn't been beaten up, stabbed, or exploded. Master Roshi looking to get with some sexy Namekian ladies. However, Krilin doesn't see that happening, to which Roshi says "Not with that attitude." Yajirobe looks foward to getting some time away from Korin. Krillin asks are they fighting because he notices "a lack of cat hair on him", which Yajirobe ignores and continues to eat. Goku asks Piccolo, who's in another room, what's his favorite Namekian dish but Gohan points out that Namekians don't eat and Goku says that this and all Namekians are weird. Meanwhile, Piccolo is talking with Nail and Kami about what to do when they get on Namek. Kami hasn't been there in a while, and is looking forward in rekindling his friendship with the Albino Namekians, but Piccolo and Nail are in no hurry to tell him what happened. Oolong peaks out the window and asks if a planet can get cancer, referring to the alien growth on the planet, causing everyone to worry what's happening.
On the planet's surface, an army of robots are holding the Namekians hostage. One breaks free and tries to fight back, but is easily beaten. Before the robots kill him, Goku and the others arrive,aand stop them. The robots suddenly beep for the arrival of their boss, Cooler, in a sleek new robotic armor. Cooler explains that he was revived thanks to the Big Gete Star, and with it, they will suck the life force of the planet dry. Piccolo immediately points out that Freeza has already done something like this (the robot parts, taking over Namek, and destroying it) causing Cooler to order his Cycloids to attack. Krillin, Gohan and Piccolo defend themselves, but Yajirobe, Roshi and Oolong are quickly captured by the Cycloids. Goku fights against Cooler, but finds that his robotic skin is too hard to penetrate. Cooler asks Goku to go Super Saiyan which he does so.
Piccolo isn't doing well against the Cycloids, causing Nail to suggest hitting him harder, and Kami using Piccolo's rivalry with Goku as an incentive. It works, and Gohan manages to follow with success. Krillin tries, but is badly beaten, causing Piccolo to yell at him for not using the Kienzan (Destructo-disk (again)). Goku tries the strategy against Cooler, but finds he can regenerate his limbs. Before Cooler can kill him however, Vegeta arrives and immediately powers up to Super Saiyan. Cooler doesn't know (or care) who Vegeta is, and hits him around, with Vegeta coming back up every time. Krillin and Gohan get captured by the Cycloids, and Piccolo gets bombarded by Cycloids before he can reach them. Vegeta tries his best, but can't do much damage, and seeing Goku try and help him gets him angry, causing him to blasts the two of them with "Big Bang Attack". Goku and Cooler manage to escape, and Cooler knees him in the dick.
Piccolo manages to defeat the Cyclopian Guard Army, and flies off to the Big Gete Star to rescue the others. A servicebot says that they will all be killed to power the organism, and chooses Yajirobe as the first candidate. Meanwhile, Goku and Vegeta aren't doing too well against Cooler (Vegeta even groaning that Cooler keeps kicking him in the dick) but Goku has an idea. Vegeta threatens to kick him in the dick if it's "hit him really hard", but Goku suggests they hit him really hard together, which Vegeta begrudgingly agrees to. They manage to punch him to pieces, and blast the remains away. As they power down and relax, Goku notices Cooler on top of a mountain with an army of him. The two power up again, but are soundly beaten and captured (Vegeta even gets kicked in the dick by every single one of them).
The real Cooler makes his presence known (with only his head still intact) and informs them that they're inside the Big Gete Star. He reveals that a chip from the organism attached to him after his defeat, and absorbs the energy from the two Saiyans to power up his new body. However, Goku and Vegeta overload the system, and Cooler is upset to learn that not only are his clones are exploding, but the star is shutting down (as the service droid shuts down before it can kill Yajirobe). Cooler doesn't understand how this can happen, though Goku states it's because he underestimated them just like he did on Earth, and like how Freeza did as Vegeta adds. Cooler gets enraged by that last remark, and becomes a monster, attacking the two Saiyans. Piccolo manages to find the others and rescues them. Goku gets by trapped Cooler, but Vegeta saves him, and Goku throws an energy ball at Cooler.
Goku: "Time to put you on ice!"
Cooler: "Really?" (sighs)
Cooler explodes along with the star, but Goku and Vegeta escape safely, until their velocity crashes down onto New Namek in an explosion. After a quick Senzu Bean, Gohan suggest they meet up with Dende since he was the one who invited them. However, Dende's father realizes that they're mistaken, as Dende is up on the lookout wondering where everyone is. After the credits, Vegeta is seen in a Saiyan pod with Cooler's chip, and crushes it with his hand.
Vegeta: Flawess Victory. (LOL MORTAL KOMBAT REFERENCE FROM LORD SLUG MOVIE)
Running Gags Edit
- Every time Cooler does something, he's reminded that his brother Freeza already did it
- Goku's inability to pronounce "Big Gete Star".
- Vegeta getting kicked in the crotch by Cooler.
- Someone mentioning punching the enemy really hard, and someone else stating that would be something Goku would do.
- Krillin failing to use the Kienzan, and someone pointing it out.
- The Albino Namekians are brought up again.
Cultural References Edit
- Cooler makes a FoodFight reference by saying the infamous "But enough about me! Let's kill you!" line.
- The credits are a reference to 2001: Space Odyssey. The baby Piccolo art was done by MarcSwint.
- Piccolo says "Come with me if you want to live". A line from the Terminator franchise.
- After destroying the first Meta-Cooler, Goku sings a line from "We Can Do Anything By Working With Each Other", from the Garbage Pale Kids Movie.
- This movie is a sequel to Revenge of Cooler which was released almost two years ago before Cooler 2
- This marks Vegeta's first official appearance in a film.
- Final time Goku uses the Kaio-Ken
- Curiosly, the service robot on the Big Gete Gtar is voiced by Lee Rastus (David Eddings), who is well know for his work on the entire series of videogames Borderlands.
- Revenge of Cooler 2 is one of KaiserNeko's most hated DragonBall Z movie as revealed in the Episode Breakdown segment and DBCember. He criticizes the plot holes, animation errors, and the entire premise of the film. He does however praise "The World's Strongest" as his favorite DragonBall Z film, and about two years later, Team Four Star abridged the film
- Oddly, Dende is found on The Lookout even though he has no reason to be so until Deities, Devils, and Doing the Dirty, which came out 2 years later.
- This is also the 2nd time the mortal kombat references, the word (Flawess Victory) was came out from Vegeta crushing the Cooler's chip, however, since the 2nd word came out, an unexpected Mortal Kombat X was soon will release after 1 year.
|Big Gete Star|
|Lee Rastus||D.V.E.D. (Service Bot)|
Reg Owen - Maidens of Pireus
DragonBall Z: Gekitotsu!! 100-Oku Powaa no Senshi-tachi
|Special Thanks To|
Funimation Entertainment for being great sports!
DRAGONBALL, DRAGONBALL Z, AND DRAGONBALL GT ARE ALL OWNED BY
Please support the official release.